The Parish Council has been informed that a number of telephone kiosks around the Parish are under threat of being removed. BT telephone kiosks can provide the community with a useful resource, being used in other parts of the country for things such as life saving defibrillator equipment, emergency telephone point, information point, library, local business such as coffee/snack shop or souvenir shop, internet café and public toilet.
So the Parish Council would like to hear from you if you want us to save your local phone box, these are the ones which are under threat:-
- CARNHELL ROAD, CARNHELL GREEN, TR14 0LZ TR14 0LZ, 01209 831421 (1 CALL IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
- CHURCHTOWN ROAD, GWITHIAN, TR27 5BX, 01736 752066 (76 CALLS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
- ANGARRACK LANE, CONNOR DOWNS, TR27 5JF, 01736 752580 ( 2 CALLS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
- CONNOR HILL, CONNOR DOWNS HAYLE, TR27 5DW, 01736 753256 ( 71 CALLS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
Just outside our Parish in Crowan Parish:-
- PILGRIMS WAY FRADDAM HAYLE, TR27 6EJ, – 01736 850344 (1 CALL IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
We only have until the 28th October to put in our objections so would like to hear from you.
Please forward the following details to the Parish Clerk by 12noon on Monday 17th October:-
- which box you think should be saved
- the reasons why it should be saved
- what you think it could be used for in the future if we are successful.
Alternatively you can fill out our survey via – www.surveymonkey.com/GGPC/BTkiosks