Update – January 2017
The Parish Council has agreed to forward the following comments regarding BT Kiosks:-
- Gwithian telephone box (01736 752066) including the telephone be kept in situ. The argument for this is that Gwithian is a very remote village, it does not have a year round bus service and the signal for mobile phones is nonexistent. It has been used 76 times in the last year which is almost one and half times a week so the PC does not think there is an argument that it is not used enough.
- The same for Connor Hill (01736 753256) it has been used 71 times in the last year so again nearly one and half times a week. The PC does not feel rural phone boxes which are regularly used should be removed so wishes these two to be kept as they are.
The PC would like to adopt the remaining heritage style phone boxes (red older style) within the area as follows:-
- Carnhell Green (01209 831421) – the PC recently got BT to replace the door on this kiosk but it is not fitting properly so whilst we are willing to adopt the kiosk we would need BT to fix the door properly first.
- Angarrack Lane (01736 752580) – If it is the newer style we have no issue with it being removed.
- Fraddam (01736 850344) – This is just on the edge of Crowan PC but Fraddam mostly comes under GGPC. PC agreed that assuming Crowan PC does not want to adopt the kiosk they would be happy to as it is the heritage style.
- Gwinear – PC agreed to adopt the kiosk if it is at risk from being removed and contacted the land owner regarding this.
PC will now have to wait and see how BT responds to these comments.
The Parish Council has been informed that a number of telephone kiosks around the Parish are under threat of being removed. BT telephone kiosks can provide the community with a useful resource, being used in other parts of the country for things such as life saving defibrillator equipment, emergency telephone point, information point, library, local business such as coffee/snack shop or souvenir shop, internet café and public toilet.
So the Parish Council would like to hear from you if you want us to save your local phone box, these are the ones which are under threat:-
- CARNHELL ROAD, CARNHELL GREEN, TR14 0LZ TR14 0LZ, 01209 831421 (1 CALL IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
- CHURCHTOWN ROAD, GWITHIAN, TR27 5BX, 01736 752066 (76 CALLS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
- ANGARRACK LANE, CONNOR DOWNS, TR27 5JF, 01736 752580 ( 2 CALLS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
- CONNOR HILL, CONNOR DOWNS HAYLE, TR27 5DW, 01736 753256 ( 71 CALLS IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
Just outside our Parish in Crowan Parish:-
- PILGRIMS WAY FRADDAM HAYLE, TR27 6EJ, – 01736 850344 (1 CALL IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS)
We only have until the 28th October to put in our objections so would like to hear from you.
Please forward the following details to the Parish Clerk by 12noon on Monday 17th October:-
- which box you think should be saved
- the reasons why it should be saved
- what you think it could be used for in the future if we are successful.
Alternatively you can fill out our survey via – www.surveymonkey.com/GGPC/BTkiosks